[sane-devel] photocopy with 300dpi wrongly scaled

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Thu Dec 1 11:49:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm using an Epson Perfection 1240U scanner and a Samsung
ML 6060 (HP compatible printer) with xsane 0.98a on OpenSuSE 10.0
and I have a problem with the photo copy function.

Using 150 dpi resolution (set on the Konfiguration/Photokopie page)
is fine (but evidently coarse).

When switching to 300 dpi there the printout is reduced to
half the original size.
Switching to 600 dpi reduces to a quarter of the original size.
The main page shows 1200*1740*8 (2MB) (for an A4 scan)
regardless of which resolution I choose.

Am I missing an option?

Thanks,
Frieder