[sane-devel] multiple scanners running constantly ?

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Dec 3 12:38:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 03:24:39PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> In principle, SANE does not limit the total number of scanners or the
> number of scanners scanning simultaneously.
>
> However, last time I checked there was a problem in the linux kernel
> (or libusb) that caused trouble whith multiple USB scanners scanning
> at the same time:
> https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?group_id=30186&atid=410366&func=detail&aid=300759
>
> I didn't check if it still happens with current kernels.

I just did a test with 7 USB scanners scanning at the same time on the
same computer: no problems, no errors, just slow :-)

Tested devices:
Canon LiDE 35/40/50 (genesys)
Genius Colorpage Vivid 1200 XE (gt68xx)
Plustek OpticPro U16B (gt68xx)
Mustek Bearpaw 1200 CU Plus (gt68xx)
Mustek BearPaw 2400 CU Plus (gt68xx)
Mustek BearPaw 2448 TA Plus (gt68xx)
Mustek BearPaw 1200 CU (gt68xx)

Linux 2.6.13 using libusb 0.1.10a, current sane CVS.