[sane-devel] Test Drivers

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Dec 18 16:05:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 06:30:21PM +0530, Jaideep Das wrote:
> I am not a developer so if i am sending this mail to a wrong mail list then
> please inform me.

sane-devel is not only for developers.

> The problem i am facing is that I own a CanoScan D646U ex scanner which is
> listed as unsupported but there is a test driver for that as stated on your
> site:
> http://sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-d646u.html
>
> But there is no guide given to how to install that driver, neither there is
> a test package of sane which includes these test drivers. Kindly please look
> into these matters.

This test program doesn't have any relation to SANE. It's what its
name says: a test program for that scanner. You don't need to install
it. Just build (compile/link) it and run it.

I didn't test but I guess you can build an executable by running
"make canon-test-D646U".

There is even a README and some comments on top of the source file.

If you have more detailed questions, ask the author of that file. As
it hasn't been touched for quite a long time you may be on your own.