[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO

Trevor Cordes sane at tecnopolis.ca
Sun Dec 25 01:04:41 UTC 2005

n Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 03:04:06PM +0100, Oliver Schwartz wrote:

> > 1. Someone should change the sane compatibility list to show that
> > it does NOT work as of sane-backends-1.0.16.  It should be noted
> > you need CVS or .17 once it's released.
>
> Where did you get the information that it does work with
> sane-backends-1.0.16? The device list for 1.0.16 doesn't list the
> 3490, as far as I can see. It only shows up in the CVS list. The
> Snapscan homepage on http://snapscan.sf.net also mentions that you
> need at least 1.0.16-CVS.

Oops, you're right.  It was the snapscan chart that I was talking about
and it does indeed say 1.0.16-CVS.  However, that labelling system *was*
confusing to me and I think my brain just read it as "get .16 or newer"
instead of "get newer than .16".  I'm an experience unix user and I messed
that up... my post was more for the noobs seeing this in the future to not
have the headaches I did.

> Most of your other points are FC3 related, as far as I can tell. It
> may be a good idea to post these issues on a FC3 mailing list.

OK.  FC5 will probably have .17 anyways so it's not a big whoop.

Thanks.