[sane-devel] scanning problem for HP 2400

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 15:11:34 UTC 2005

Hello,

On 12/28/05, Pierre Willenbrock <pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Parag N(पराग़) schrieb:
> >    I modified genesys_devices.c, genesys.c , genesys_gl646.c and also
> > applied patch given in other thread on sane-devel archive
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-December/015586.html
> >   then i use scanimage but i got black image only also head stopped
> > at other end and i have to manually disconnect it. i made head to stop
> > after 1755 lines and its stopped exactly at other end of scanner.
> >  I am attaching modified files diff file from genesys backend.
>
> Your frontend description looks strange. Please send the register setup
> of the frontend, and which frontend registers are played with during
> calibration.
      Genesys_Frontend structure is defined in genesys_low.h
typedef struct
{
  u_int8_t reg[4];
  u_int8_t sign[3];
  u_int8_t offset[3];
  u_int8_t gain[3];
  u_int8_t reg2[3];
} Genesys_Frontend;

In version 1.0.17 Genesys_Frontend for HP 2400 was written as
-  {{0x00, 0x03, 0x05, 0x02}
-   , {0x00, 0x00, 0x00}
-   , {0xc0, 0xc0, 0xc0}
-   , {0x07, 0x07, 0x07}
-   , {0x00, 0x00, 0x00}
which i replaced with
+  {{0x00, 0x31, 0x1f, 0x13}
+   , {0x08, 0x02, 0x16}
+   , {0x20, 0x80, 0x10}
+   , {0x80, 0x00, 0x00}
+   , {0x01, 0xff, 0x00}

by taking corresponding values of following registers mentioned by you
with help of Windows usb log
AFE   |Genesys_Frontend
Register|    member
--------+----------------
0x00    |.reg[0]
0x01    |.reg[1]
0x02    |.reg[2]
0x03    |.reg[3]
0x04    |(reset)
0x06    |.reg2[0]
0x08    |.reg2[1]
0x09    |.reg2[2]
0x20    |.offset[0]
0x21    |.offset[1]
0x22    |.offset[2]
0x24    |.sign[0]
0x25    |.sign[1]
0x26    |.sign[2]
0x28    |.gain[0]
0x29    |.gain[1]
0x2a    |.gain[2]
  Also i found you mentioned reset register which is not present in
structure declaration.
 But i am not getting what to send for which frontend registers are
played with during
 calibration?