[sane-devel] Problems with USB 2.0 / ehci_hcd / Snapscan backend

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:47:03 +0100

--nextPart12738672.EGolJEAC6Q

Hi all,

I got a problem report from someone trying to use an Epson Perfection=20
1670 on an USB 2.0 port using ehci_hcd+ohci_hcd as kernel drivers.=20
After firmware upload the scanner stops sending data for some reason

If ehci_hcd is not loaded during boot (only ohci_hcd is still loaded)=20
the scanner works just fine.=20

My own scanner is only USB 1.1 and my PC doesn't have a USB 2.0 port=20
either, but even connected to an USB 2.0 Powerbook it will still be=20
handled by ohci_hcd, so I cannot reproduce this problem here.

My questions now are:

=2D Has anybody else seen any problems with ehci_hcd and USB 2.0=20
scanners, or is this particular for the Epson family handled by the=20
Snapscan backend?

=2D Can anybody with an Epson Perfection 660 / Perfection 2480 /=20
Perfection 2580 confirm those problems?

=2D Can anybody with a newer Benq model that uses USB 2.0 confirm these=20
problems?

Happy testing,

Oliver