[sane-devel] Umax Astra 2100S does preview scan but not regular scan

ikletti@gmx.de ikletti@gmx.de
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:58:07 +0100 (MET)

Hi all.

I've got a Umax Astra 2100S (the SCSI model) that in addition has an USB
interface. I am not sure whether this was the standard model or some special
series...

I am using Debian Testing and my problem is the following:
When using the USB interface, the scanner is recognized by the USB hotplug
system and "scanimage -L says":

device `umax:libusb:001:007' is a UMAX     Astra 2100S      flatbed scanner

Xsane also recognizes the scanner and I am able to do a preview scan. When I
press the "Scan" button, however, the scanners starts moving the scanhead to
the beginning of the scan surface, then stops and xsane doesn't react any
more. I have to kill xsane.
Starting xsane from the command line does not turn up error messages.

Google didn't turn up useful info on this behavior. Is there already some
solution to this? What tests should I perfom?

Thanks,

Ingo.