[sane-devel] No Desktop icon & Xsane won't close with "x"." Not responding"

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:57:53 +0000

On Thursday 10 Feb 2005 9:00 pm, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> And what happens when you select File->quit instead?
>
> Oliver

Hi . Sorry for the delay. The Compaq P700 Monitor on the machine with the
scanner hit the dust this morning, and I've had to swap monitors to try your
suggestion out. File Quit won't do anything, it just hangs. Close "x" brings
up the "Not Responding" window. If I cancel that, the Xsane window is almost
totally greyed out apart from the title bar. The terminal is still showing
the program open "No prompt" but if I close the terminal "x" Xsane closes
straight away. Perhaps I should try and set up a link from the desktop to the
binary, even if it hasn't got the proper icon and see if that makes it work
properly. It's not a serious problem, because as long as you've saved your
work you are not going to lose anything by closing Xsane with the "Not
Responding" window. It would be nice though for it to work properly.
Nigel.