[sane-devel] Linux, BearPaw 1200, I/O errors

Enleth enleth@enleth.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 02:22:19 +0100

Hello,

I've got Mustek BearPaw 1200, it works flawlessly under Win98, but
doesn't work under Linux, with SANE. It should, as its support is marked
"complete" in the supported devices list.

System information (enough of it, I hope) and SANE output is there:
http://enleth.com/smieci/sane.txt (Quite long, due to the debug log and
dmesg, so I didn't post it directly there)

The scanner turns the lamp on, moves a few milimeters and stops, with
SANE's I/O error.
All other USB devices are working fine. This scanner itself too, but on
Win98.

Quick search trough the list didn't help me, though apparently someone
had the same problem not a long time ago:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-December/012770.html
The usbfs errors in dmesg are similar [there are so many of them in my
dmesg because I tried scanimage multiple times].

I really don't know if it's some problem with SANE, my system and the
way it handles USB or even something else, but I'm pretty sure the
scanner is OK and my system can handle USB (cameras, MP3 players,
PenDrives, SmartMedia card readers, mice and tablets are working well
with it).
If that's, in spite of all, SANE's fault, I'm willing to help with
resolving it, as I have some programming experience (although not in
such low-level things) and lots of free time. And, after all, I want my
scanner to work properly :)

--
Enleth
http://enleth.com , MAIL enleth//enleth.com , JID enleth//chrome.pl