[sane-devel] Linux, BearPaw 1200, I/O errors

Enleth enleth@enleth.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:11:32 +0100

I've also checked 2.4.29 kernel, the result is almost the same, here are
the logs: http://enleth.com/smieci/sane_2.4.29.txt

There are several "funky result" errors, kernel's
Documentation/usb/scanner.txt reads:
"funky result -- Most of the time the data flow between the computer
and the scanner goes smoothly.  However, due to whatever reason,
whether it be solar flares or stray neutrons, sometimes the
communications don't work as expected.  The driver tries to handle
most types of errors but not all.  When this message is seen,
something weird happened"

So it's something weird and kernel-independend. Either my hardware, or
SANE, I think...

PS. to mailing list admin: if you get the same message from
my_nick@aristos.home.pl, don't bother to approve it. Thunderbird's
fault, it sets wrong account alias by default. Sorry.

--
Enleth
http://enleth.com , MAIL enleth//enleth.com , JID enleth//chrome.pl