sane config files [was [sane-devel] Infrared channel]]

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:16:05 -0500 (EST)

the problem with this is that doing the config as non-root would mean the
backend would need elevated permissions in order to write its config out
into /etc/...

if the user is willing to run the front-end the first time as root, and
then the backend saves the config changes, that might be ok. otherwise the
user will have to re-config under each user account.

remember also that sane works on platforms that dont use unix account
setups...

allan