[sane-devel] agfa scsi scanner not detected

renna renna.bh@katamail.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:28:30 +0100

hi, i would like to get my agfa 1236s snapscan working. (it's supported
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-AGFA). i tried to follow the
instructions on sane-project.org but i can not even detect it. i powered down
my computer, connected the scanner, powered on the scanner, powered on the
computer. but still:

root@delirium src # sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a driver for your USB host controller and have installed a
  # kernel scanner module.

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
root@delirium src #

and if i cat /proc/scsi/scsi i get

root@delirium src # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
root@delirium src #

i have scsi generic support in my kernel, and other usb devices work fine in
scsi-emulation. is there some more useful information i could post? i really
don't know where to start from.
btw i use gentoo and currently i have a 2.6.3 kernel.
thanks for any help

--
Dubitare
Disobbedire