[sane-devel] Epson 2480 Transparency-Adapter?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:09:02 +0100

Jaroslaw Gorny wrote:

> Hmmm. Bad luck.
> My parents got 2580. I'm going to 'borrow' it.
> Is there any chance to enable this motor?
> Or at least some tips where to start???
> If it is possible to have it working but nobody is interested, maybe I
> could try....
>
> To be true I'm interested _only_ in scanning transparent materials, so
> this function is _very_ important for me...

To get your 2580 at least to work as a normal flatbed scanner for
non-transparent documents and photos, simply unplug the cable of the
lid. The lower part of your scanner is identical to the 2480. And with
the lid not being plugged it works.

    Till