[sane-devel] plustek_pp - OpticPro 4800P -- strange comportment of the scanner

Jo Bano chezbano@free.fr
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:47:03 +0100

hello,

I just make my scanner reacting to the plustek_pp backend (it was a bit
complex but a lot of c0ffee saves me on #sane)

Now the command "scanimage -L" initiates the scanner but this one makes
a strange (and infinite) noise as soon as the carrier is back to its
initial place !?

It looks like an hardware problem but perhaps it is the backend that
won't bother of the carrier end ?
Have someone heard about such a problem ? Or about some scanners that
did come back from mad-carrier land ?

Thanks in advance, at least for your already done work on sane.
Jo