[sane-devel] Problems with Canonscan 2700f

Tobias Hovorka th@partygoetter.de
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:18:37 +0100

Hi Ulrich,

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 08:44 +0100, Ulrich Deiters wrote:
> I have just sent an updated (still experimental) Canon backend
> to your home address. I am not sure, however, that your case is
> a backend problem.

Thanks for the backend. You're right, the problem still exists.
I thought it could be the aic7xxx driver of my scsi-card, so I build a
new kernel 2.6.8 with aic7xxx and aic7xxx_old as a module and tested
both with the same result:

scanimage -L
> No scanners were identified.

scanimage -d canon:/dev/scanner
> scanimage: open of device canon:/dev/scanner failed:
> Error during device I

I'm stumped

Regards,

Tobias

PS: I wonder if it's still necessary to patch the module sg?