[sane-devel] Microtek ScanMaker 3840 driver available

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:20:52 +0100

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 12:39 +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> "Earle F. Philhower, III" <earlephilhower@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Earle,
>
> > I've reverse-engineered the Microtek ScanMaker 3840 Windows driver and written
> > a SANE driver to control it from Linux.  I've done pretty extensive testing
> > locally (XSane/tstbackend -l3) and remotely (saned on my Devil-Linux server and
> > SANETwain under Windows) and not found any problems.
>
> > Any feedback appreciated, if it works well I'd like to see about adding it into
> > the standard SANE distribution...
>
> I've added your backend to the libsane-extras Debian package, along
> with the hp4200 and hp_rts88xx backends.
>
> Let's see if we get some feedback :)
>
> JB.
>
> --
> Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
> <jb@jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169

I think a link to this libsane-extras package on the
http://www.sane-project.org/source.html

and or

http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-external.html

will help people to find these backend binaries and to get more
feedback :)

--
--------
m.vr.gr.