[sane-devel] LiDE 35 question

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:29:15 +0100

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 03:23, Luke Campagnola wrote:
> I got a Canon LiDE 35 a while back without checking to see if it was supported
> (I cleverly assumed that LiDE 30 support was good enough), and rather than
> sending it back, I'm giving a go at writing the backend. I'm most of the way
> finished sorting out the differences between the gl646 and the gl841, but I'm
> worried about damaging the scanner. Does anybody know what things I should
> look out for, and whether this scanner has any built-in protection?

Hi,

what protection you're looking for? These devices are so cheap, that there's
nothing inside which can protect them in any way. But in general, if you take some
care nothing will happen.
To proceed your work, you should download the genesys stuff from our CVS experimental,
and extend the stuff there by the settings required for your device.
The settings (or at least some of them) can be gathered via usb-snoop.

Ciao,
Gerhard