[sane-devel] problems with 2.6.10 kernel

bil@beeb.net bil@beeb.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:09:24 +0000

Hi,
I've been using xsane on my IBM Thinkpad for quite a while with no problems.
Running kernel 2.6.7 until last week when I upgraded to 2.6.10.
I now find that (x)sane is unable to locate my scanner -
and Epsom Perfection 1240U. Looking into it further I find that the
usbdevfs fails to mount at boot-up, although my usb mouse is working
fine. The error message in the log says 'usbdevfs not supported in kernel'.
I have checked the .config file and there is an entry:
#define USB_DEVICEFS=y
which I presume is the relevant one. Can anyone suggest anything that
I can check, or, if this is not the right place to ask, which e-mail
list is relevant?

Many thanks,
Bill

| Bill Purvis, thrice-retired software engineer |
| e-mail:  bil@beeb.net                         |
| web:     bil.members.beeb.net                 |