[sane-devel] plustek_pp - OpticPro 4800P scanner -- strange comportment of the machine

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:35:03 +0100

On Thursday 13 January 2005 15:01, Jo Bano wrote:
> hello,
>
> I just make my scanner reacting to the plustek_pp backend (it was a bit
> complex but c0ffee saves me on #sane)
>
> Now the command "scanimage -L" initiates the scanner but this one makes
> a strange (and infinite) noise as soon as the carrier is back to its
> initial place !?
>
> It's apparently an hardware problem but could it be linked to the
> backend driver ?
> I hope someone already heard something about that kind of non-stopping
> carrier event.
>
> Thanks in advance and thanks for your open work.
> Jo
>

> PS: I already thought opening the rear of my scanner box to freed the
> carrier but I only have small scissors...

In general, this should work. I haven't tested that because I have no
hardware available, but I got some reports, that it works at least
from the days, where this code runs in kernelspace as pt_drv module.
Maybe you try this also.
Could you please send me the debug output of a scan? Just for
curiosity, what scanner is reported.

Ciao,
Gerhard