[sane-devel] libusb or....?

Erik Svensson ZekeVarg@linux.se
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:13:46 +0000

Hi!
First of all I can=B4t subscribe to this list due to some bug in mailman
according to the sane-devel info page, so please send the replys to me
directly.

Now to my problem. I installed debian-sarge (kernel-2.6.8) on my
computer where I have a simplyMepis (kernel-2.6.8) synced towards
debian-sarge.
The strange thing is that on simplyMepis my scanner (Epson Perfection
1670) works but not on debian-sarge even thou it=B4s the same computer
with the same gadgets plugin and the same versions on all sane-packages
and on libusb and I have the same firmware file on both systems.

The only thing I can see that=B4s different between the systems is that
libusb seems to give the scanner different values.=20

On my simplyMepis I get this output:

# sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x04b8 [EPSON], product=3D0x011f [EPSON
Scanner]) at libusb:001:003

# scanimage -L
device `snapscan:libusb:001:003' is a EPSON EPSON Scanner flatbed
scanner

# export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=3D2
# xsane
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 2.
[snapscan] add_usb_device: error opening device /dev/usb/scanner0:
Invalid argument

Xsane starts up and the scanner works, guess I can uncomment the line in
snapscan.conf about device /dev/usb/scanner0

This is what I get on my Debian-sarge:

# sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x04b8 [EPSON], product=3D0x011f [EPSON
Scanner]) at libusb:003:003

# scanimage -L
device `snapscan:libusb:003:003' is a EPSON EPSON Scanner flatbed
scanner

# export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=3D2
# xsane
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 2.
[snapscan] add_usb_device: error opening device /dev/usb/scanner0:
Invalid argument
[snapscan] usb_write Only 0 bytes written
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: download_firmware command failed: Error
during device I/O

A xsane-popup comes up stating:
Errormessage: Faild to open device `snapscan:libusb:003:003:=B4: Error
during device I/O