[sane-devel] Fujitsu Fi-5110EOX2 USB with current Fujitsu SANE backend?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 14:10:33 UTC 2005

Has anyone had occasion to use the following Fujitsu scanner with the current
SANE fujitsu back-end?

Fujitsu Fi-5110EOX2 600 x 600dpi USB Interface Sheet Fed/Document Fed Scanner

I'd been planning on a Fujitsu Fi-4120C2, which costs more than twice as much.
I presume that despite similar external appearances, the two Fujitsu scanners
have completely different internal mechanisms and electronics (hence different
SANE compatibility characteristics). The Fi-4120C2 is most likely worth the
extra money.

Still, if the Fi-5110EOX2 works with the current fujitsu back end equally well,
I'd like to get a couple of these cheaper units for lower volume users. Thanks.