[sane-devel] gphoto2 working in OS/2

Peter Fales psfales at fales-lorenz.net
Thu Jul 21 20:14:34 UTC 2005

Thanks for the success report!  I've had very little feedback on the
gphoto2 backend - I don't know if that's because it's working for
everyone, or because no one is using it.  :-)  I've had a handful of
success reports or questions from Linux users, but this is first I've heard
about running it on OS/2.

FWIW, I frequently using xscanimage as a gimp plugin, but for grabbing
files from the command line, the "gphoto2" command works well - it preserves
all the exif information in the jpeg file and doesn't require converting
the file to pnm (for SANE) and then back to jpeg (for storage).

--
Peter Fales
Peter "at" fales-lorenz.net