[sane-devel] Contributing to CanoScan LiDE 500F development.
stefdev at modulonet.fr
Tue Jul 26 05:05:14 UTC 2005
Le Mardi 26 Juillet 2005 02:39, Dag Rune Sneeggen a écrit :
> I've read over at
> http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-canoscan-lide-500f.html and
> http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/genesys-backend/ that there is some work
> being done to get support for this scanner. At the moment I have to haul up
> vmware with windows virtually to scan stuff.
> As such, I'm wondering how fast this development is going, and if there's
> any way I could help? Anything in particular that could be helpful?
> Dag Rune Sneeggen
> dudcore Consulting(http://www.dudcore.net) - Quality state-of-art hosting
> and IT Consulting. Personal, reasonable, and honest idealism!
> For geeks by geeks...
here are the scripts I use to analyze gl646 logs taken with usbsniff 1.8. It
takes a raw log and turn it into a file with higher level functions decoded,
which is much easier to understand. The decode() function used by
needs to be changed to decode gl841 registers. But the rest is OK. There are
still a few raw URB in the results, but they are understable (bulk reads of
Once the scripts are tuned the process of adding support for GL841 is:
- use usbsniff to log scans with clearly identified parameters (dpi,
- decode the log with the scripts
- isolate portion of it and match them with high level action such as head
parking, shading calibration etc ...
- change the corresponding functions in genesys_gl841.c to match the
- run scanimage to test with full debug log
- compare the scanimage log with the decoded log and fixe the differences
- once a high level function is done, get to the next one.
I estimate it should take about 20 to 40 hours of work to finish the gl841
Patches and questions are welcomed.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6691 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/attachments/20050726/fe2404a7/scripts.tar-0001.bin
More information about the sane-devel