[sane-devel] a second try

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Tue Jul 26 15:35:06 UTC 2005

Dear Listmembers,
dear Mr. Meier - Geinitz,
dear Mr. Collins,
thanks for the hints. By the help of Martin Collin's and Henning
Meier-Geinitz' inputs I probably found the issue:

Mr. Meier - Geinitz, yes, you are right, the code did not change. But this
could be the problem.

The default value for the timeout related issues within this interface is
derived from the HZ-value (?).

This changed from kernel 2.4 to 2.6, isn't it? Well ... I did what Martin
suggested and the scanner worked by setting the environment-variable to ~300.

In sanei_scsi.c / row 285:
static int sane_scsicmd_timeout = 120;

but then here:

#ifdef SG_SET_TIMEOUT
  /* Set large timeout since some scanners are slow but do not
     disconnect... ;-( */
  {
    int timeout;
    timeout = sane_scsicmd_timeout * HZ;
    ioctl (fd, SG_SET_TIMEOUT, &timeout);
  }
#endif

the HZ value is used here for actually configuring - I would really appreciate
if someone could check. (But I did not find a place where SG_SET_TIMEOUT is
set ...)

Many thanks for your efforts so far,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

Am Montag, 25. Juli 2005 19:21 schrieb Henning Meier-Geinitz:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 07:57:52AM +0100, Martin Collins wrote:
> > I used to get this (or something similar) with my Mustek. The lamp has
******

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)