[sane-devel] Problem compiling 07-30 snapshot of backends

Miguel Bazdresch eorlinga at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 03:45:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

I just tried compiling today's (July 30th) snapshot of the SANE
backends. It works for the most part, except that it doesn't install
the /usr/lib/libsane* libraries. It does install a bunch of libraries
in /usr/bin/sane.

The missing libraries cause xsane to fail to compile (ld complains
about not finding libsane). Copying the libraries by hand from the
build directory to /usr/lib allow xsane to build successfully, and it
seems to work fine.

I compiled with this sequence of commands:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
		--disable-translations --enable-shared --enable-static && \
make  && \
su -c 'make install'

and I note these lines from the output of 'make install':

   libtool: install: warning: `../backend/libsane.la' has not been
installed in `/usr/lib'
   /usr/bin/install -c .libs/scanimage /usr/bin/scanimage
   libtool: install: warning: `../backend/libsane.la' has not been
installed in `/usr/lib'

I have been unable to figure out why those libs are not being
installed. Any pointers are highly appreciated.I have put a full build
log in http://thewizardstower.org/sane.log.

--
Miguel Bazdresch