[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Code freeze for sane-backends 1.0.16
henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Jul 31 15:46:06 UTC 2005
Code freeze for sane-backends 1.0.16 is now active. This means that
no changes to the code should be committed. The only exceptions are
bugs that may render a backend completely useless, that may destroy
hardware, or that break compilation on at least one platform. If in
doubt, ask sane-devel. Documentation and translation updates are still
There have been many changes since the last release. Therefore please
test the current version of sane-backends carefully, so all bugs are
found until release.
Please also test a clean install (remove old sane-backends
installations before installing the new one).
Current snapshots are available here:
The current NEWS file is appended.
New with 1.0.16, released 2005-08-07:
* New backends: genesys, sm3840
* Updated backends: avision, canon, coolscan, epson, gphoto2, gt68xx, mustek,
mustek_pp, niash, plustek, plustek_pp, qcam, sm3600, snapscan, teco2,
* More functionality/fixes for sanei_usb and sanei_pp.
* Added sanei_access to allow locking of SANE devices.
* Hotplug updates.
* scanimage updates.
* Portability fixes (especially for OS/2, 64bit platforms, BeOS+ZETA).
* Added Polish translation. Updated other translations. Fixed format strings.
* Documentation updates.
More information about the sane-devel