[sane-devel] Re: Good office scanners with ADF support?

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:59:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Or maybe there just aren't any good scanners with ADFs out there?
> That seems unlikely.

depends entirely on how much you want to spend. i have been playing with
the fujitsu fi-4120c for awhile. it still has some issues in the sane
drivers that i have not been able to fix, mostly cause the firmware seems
a little flaky and i dont have much time.

but, i have just gotten the fi-5110C and fi-4120C2 (replacement for the C)
and they seem much better about firmware issues. all three of these are
top-down feed, pulling the bottom-most sheet first. they do jam
occasionally, depending on two things- quality of paper (rough cut,
static, dampness, shared wrinkles) and operator care (setting paper guides
too loose or tight, not fanning stack, leaving lower edge square instead
of tapered).

i need to spend some time with sane driver on these...

other scanners suggested to me often include the HP office-jet all-in-one
series, it appears that they are better designed than HP adf scanners.

allan