[sane-devel] Many (if not all) Visioneer scanners are likely ot work with the Avision backend

René Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:25:02 +0200

--nextPart1745171.su7VEGixSr

Hi all,

it came to my attention that many (if not most or all) Visioneer=20
(http://www.visioneer.com/) scanners are likely to be operational with the=
=20
Avisoin backend (http://www.exactcode.de/oss/avision/).

The most ovious thing that need to be tweaked will be the device ID - but I=
=20
doubt many other changes are neded.

Those scanners should also be a good alternative to original Avision scanne=
rs=20
in the US - since Avisoin is not really directly selling them there. But=20
those Visioneer should have a better availability.

Sincerely,

=2D-=20
Ren=C3=A9 Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org
            +49 (0)30  255 897 45