[sane-devel] Help on Artec Ultima 2000.

Sergey Vlasov vsu@altlinux.ru
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:35:26 +0400

--9dgjiU4MmWPVapMU

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 06:35:12PM +0200, Roberto Di Biase wrote:
>     Hi all, I have a problem with my usb scanner. As described, I'm an
>     Artec Ultima 2000 flatbed owner and I'm trying to using it below
>     Ubuntu Linux 5.04 Hoary.
>     This scanner is a gt68xx chipset based (as you know) but the strange
>     thing is that if I try to find it on my shell using "scanimage -L",
>     this is the answer: device `gt68xx:libusb:002:004' is a Mustek
>     BearPaw 1200 CU flatbed scanner....!!!

The makers of this scanner did not bother to set a proper USB ID for it
(probably to save some cents on an EEPROM chip).

>     I'm trying to use the windows firmware but the scanner don't work.
>     The only way to be able to start with the xsane program is to use
>     the ps1fw.usb firmware. Using this, the program start and the
>     scanner too but when I try to scan, the only action I obtain is the
>     lamp on but no scansion because the scanner stay still with the
>     green light on. Then I obtain a grey image.
>     Can you help me?

Did you uncomment the lines:

override "artec-ultima-2000"
firmware "ePlus2k.usb"

in gt68xx.conf?

Unfortunately, there are many cheap scanners which use the same USB ID
(0x05d8 0x4002, apparently this is the default ID of the GT6801 chip);
these scanners require manual configuration in gt68xx.conf.

--9dgjiU4MmWPVapMU

--9dgjiU4MmWPVapMU--