[sane-devel] How to use this valuable resource

Martin Collins martin@mkcollins.org
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:09:46 +0100

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:50:27 +0000
"quentin thornton" <qthornton@hotmail.com> wrote:

> OS = windows 98
>
> HP Pavillion 6356
>
> Mustek Scanner
>
> Model: 600 II CD
>
> Connection: From scanner port to printer port.
>
> I have no installation software, and can not seem to find same...

Have you tried the 95 driver from here?
http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/driv_scanr/europe/600iicd.html

You realise SANE is primarily for Linux/Unix not Windows? It may be
possible to get it to work on Win98 but it's not a job for a novice.

Are you also aware that the 600 II CD is a SCSI scanner not parallel?
That is to say it will not connect through your printer port but
through a SCSI adapter card. The resemblance of the plug to a printer
plug is an unfortunate result of pennypinching by the manufacturer.

Martin