[sane-devel] Re: Unpaper 1.0.1 problem

Jens Gulden mail@jensgulden.de
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:55:30 +0200

Janusz S. Bien schrieb:
> The original scans converted to DjVu

DjVu looks interesting (http://www.djvuzone.org/).
Thanks for that hint, I didn't know it before.

> Although the processing improved the images in some respects, in
> general the result seems to me less readable then the
> original.

The dirty artefacts around letters are strange. Do you think they
originate from unpaper's processing?
I placed an unprocessed page from your djvu-file to

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jgulden/unpaper/archive/20050621JanuszBien/03.pbm

and processed it with

unpaper -vv --layout single --mask-scan-threshold 0.4 --black-threshold
0.3 --border 0,100,0,0 03.pbm 03up.pbm

The resulting file is

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jgulden/unpaper/archive/20050621JanuszBien/03up.pbm

Do you get the same result on your system from the same unpaper run?

(Btw, the additional '--black-threshold 0.3' is supposed to lead to
slightly more saturated black color in the output. A matter of taste, I
guess.)

Hope that helps,
Jens