[sane-devel] Back-end for CanoScan 3200F?

gmurray@cloudnet.com gmurray@cloudnet.com
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 03:37:41 -0500

Quoting Werner Macho <macho@mond.at>:
=20
> > Providing details on what went down the usb bus would=20
> > certainly help.  The log from a scan may provide some clues
> > to what is currently unknown.  It would also be helpful is
> > someone with a Canon LiDE 35 could post a log so that more
> > information would become available to that project.
>=20
> i'm a "proud" owner of a LiDE35, if you tell me what kind of scan you
> need i'll do it and post the logfile.
> shall there be any "test-picture" scanned or is equal which picture is
> been scanned?
> also which dpi should i scan?
>=20
I am not an expert in this area, as I have not used usbsnoopy.  That=20
is one of the programs that intercept data between the host and the=20
device.  It is in the sane CVS, co experimental.=20
Two scans of the same image would be more helpful.  What I am looking
for is to identify the vendor commands that set register values. =20
I have not been able to identify a vendor write or vendor read command ye=
t.
A greyscale 8-bit depth and a color at 16 bits would be excellent.
Any image should do to get further progress on this backend.
The smallest scan image would be best, as only 1 square centimeter is=20
needed for what I am seeking.

The gl841 chip has two bulk endpoints, and I will be looking for log=20
information that would tell me whether any commands were sent down the
bulk out pipe.
I will try to get the snoopy program working here so that I can
find out how to use that tool.
=20
Thanks for your encouraging response.

Gerald