[sane-devel] plustek & libusb => I/O errors

Mathis Ahrens Mathis.Ahrens@gmx.de
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:43:19 +0200

Hi Aurelien, hi list
[thanks for cc, I am now subscribed]

Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>> $ scanimage -T
>> scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O
>>
>> Debug output follows at the end of this mail. I seem to have some
>> UIO errors and finally usbDev_open() fails.
>

> Could you please run 'SANE_DEBUG=255 USB_DEBUG=255 scanimage -T' and
> send us the debug output?

Sure!

# scanimage -T
usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 255 (on)
usb_os_init: Found USB VFS at /proc/bus/usb
usb_os_find_busses: Found 004
usb_os_find_busses: Found 003
usb_os_find_busses: Found 002
usb_os_find_busses: Found 001
usb_os_find_busses: Skipping non bus directory devices
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 004
usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 003
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 003
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
usb_os_find_devices: Found 016 on 002
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 002
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 001
USB error: could not set config 1: Protocol error
scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O

*shrug*
This did not make me any smarter, so I hope you or somebody else can
guide me
further along. I will happily supply you with further data, if needed...

Thanks,
Mathis