[sane-devel] canon-sane.c:2113: error: `SSIZE_MAX' undeclared

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:02:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

When compiling SANE with gcc 3.3.5 on OS/2 I get this error.

 canon-sane.c:2113: error: `SSIZE_MAX' undeclared

I want to know if this is a problem in canon-sane.c or a problem with
the include files coming with gcc3.3.5

>From the OS/2 gcc3.3.5 guy I got this hint:

SSIZE_MAX is defined by sys/limits.h which is included by limits.h.
   It's visiblitiy definitly depends on _ANSI_SOURCE and _C99_SOURCE
   not being defined anywhere, and it may also be invisible with some
   other _*_SOURCE macros and perhaps -ansi....

But I don't know if ANSI_SOURCE or C99_SOURCE should be defined or not.

Does someone know what's going on?

Franz