[sane-devel] Regression Testing in Avision

Dan McGhee farmerdan@i-rule.net
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:12:05 -0600

I decided to start a different thread so that the details, and any
solutions, of the situation I have won't get lost in branching
discussions, if any. (Ref. Subj: Avision, Scanner Light Does Not
Move--Garbage in Preview Window)

I have discovered that the problems I'm having with my ScanJet 5370C
change with the version of Avision that I compile with sane-backends.
Both with the last stable release and the checkout from cvs, I get color
bars over the top of the scan of my document--but everything is oriented
correctly in the preview window.  When I scan, however, the image is
rotated clockwise 45 degrees.  With the version of avision available
from the avision website, the light bar will not travel--it starts,
moves a very short distance, then returns to its start position.  In
researching the archive of this list, I have discovered that the avision
maintainer has indicated that the color and rotation problems have been
fixed.  Therefore, there must be some version of avision between the end
of November and the beginning of March that didn't exhibit these
problems and before which the light bar travelled all the way.

I want to be able to establish a "sandbox" so that I can do a regression
test on avision, but it's not clear from the sane cvs site that I can do
this.  Do I have to sign up for developer access?  I don't need write
access to the cvs tree.  I just want to be able to check out versions in
which avision changed.  Or, is there an archive of commits so that I can
`cvs update -PAd 20050120  1130GMT` for example.

If this is not possible, is there an avision tree from which I can run
this regression?

Thanks,

Dan