[sane-devel] epson perfection 1670 under debian

Wolfram Heider wolframheider@web.de
Tue, 3 May 2005 20:51:03 +0200

Am Dienstag, 3. Mai 2005 09:12 schrieb MarC:
> En/na Olaf Meeuwissen ha escrit:
> >Julien BLACHE <jb@jblache.org> writes:

> >>Do you have libsane-extras installed ? If yes, remove it and try
> >>again. With the current libsane in testing, the backends from
> >>libsane-extras are tried first, and there's the epkowa backend in
> >>there ...
> >
> >Which does NOT support this scanner at the moment.
>
> So I'm rather confused now... Why my scanner did work some months ago?

The "NOT support" refers only to the epkowa backend. Support by libsane must
work, I got a perfection 1670 working - however under different suse
versions. Something either on the software or the hardware side must have
been changed since those happy days your scanner worked.
By the way, did you exclude faulty hardware positively for example by
installing a complete differnt driver software such as vuescan (will support
perfection 1670, tested it myself. Commercial, but the free test version will
do)? You can download it from http://www.hamrick.com. If your scanner then
works something with the configuration of sane must be wrong. If not you will
have to screw around at your box a little, having a keen eye on all  hatdware
items in charge.
> >>A new libsane revision will enter testing in a few days fixing this
> >>problem.
> >>
> >>By the way, you don't need your config.sh script, hotplug takes care
> >>of that for you.
> >>
> >>JB.

Wolfram Heider