[sane-devel] Genesys and Cannon Lide 35

Philipp Schmid Philipp8288@web.de
Thu, 05 May 2005 21:52:23 +0200

Hi Stefan

First I have to say that it is very useful to enable debug mode for
finding errors by typing the following on the console:

export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=128
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255

>What do you think should be wrong with my system? Is there someting I
>have to configure/check? What more information I should provide or what
>I should try to change in sources and see what happens?

There isn't currently an entry in genesys_devices.c and in genesys.conf
for the lide-35, so the genesys backend aborts. We have to add the
lide-35 to this files.

As Gerald wrote, the scanner controller gl841 the lide-35 is using,
isn't currently supported by the genesys backend. Stef is going to split
the genesys backend to one part supporting the gl646 and one part
supporting the gl841. After that I plan to start development for the gl841.

Bye
    Philipp