[sane-devel] Backend for HP2400

stef svoltz@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 8 May 2005 17:35:10 +0200

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 12:57:38PM +0100, Everard Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am given to understand that this scanner should work vis the genesys
> backend.
>
> Can I get an update of the status of the backend for this scanner and where I
> could most usfully help out?
>
> I am a software engineer with lots of C/C++ experience.
>
> All comments welcome ;-)
>
> Everard
>
> --

	Hello,

	the 2400C will be supported by the genesys backend since it is a gl646
based scanner. However, there is only some inital code for it. I'm going to
borrow a 2300C the next 2 weeks to finished support for it. Since the 2400C
differs by its max resolution (1200 instead of 600dpi), it wouldn't be that hard
to add it.
	One first step is to have your 2400C running under windows and get
usbsnoopy work to log scans. Logs to have are:
	- launch (to see how detection/initialization work)
	- preview
	- small color scan at each available dpi
	- small gray scan at each available dpi
	- smal lineart scan at each available dpi

	This is quite an hundreds MB of logs to go through, which may be done
via a slew of awk scripts to decode that in a usable way.

Regards,
	Stef