[sane-devel] scans on HP ScanJet 3400C come out black

Emerson French Emerson French <helpertcell@gmail.com>
Mon, 16 May 2005 17:42:25 -0700

------=_Part_33_13476640.1116290545529

Hi,

I have an HP ScanJet 3400C USB scanner. Whenever I attempt to scan an image=
=20
using either XSane or Kooka, the image comes out entirely black, with no=20
image at all. I also have noticed that if I scan without a photograph or=20
other image source on the flatbed, the same black scan result is returned.=
=20
So it doesn't seem to matter what I scan, but it seems to be a driver or=20
backend problem. I'm running kernel 2.6.9-1.667 on AMD64 (Fedora Core 3)=20
with sane-backends 1.0.15-9. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Emerson

------=_Part_33_13476640.1116290545529

Hi,<br>
I have an HP ScanJet 3400C USB scanner. Whenever I attempt to scan an
image using either XSane or Kooka, the image comes out entirely black,
with no image at all. I also have noticed that if I scan without a
photograph or other image source on the flatbed, the same black scan
result is returned. So it doesn't seem to matter what I scan, but it
seems to be a driver or backend problem. I'm running kernel 2.6.9-1.667
on AMD64 (Fedora Core 3) with sane-backends 1.0.15-9. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.<br>
Thanks,<br>
Emerson<br>

------=_Part_33_13476640.1116290545529--