[sane-devel] Nikon Coolscan III not recognised.

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 19 May 2005 07:46:12 +0200

> [john@ip68-11-45-233 john]$ SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN2=255 scanimage -L
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of coolscan2 to 255.
> [coolscan2] sane_init() called.
> [coolscan2] coolscan2 backend, version 0.1.8 initializing.
> [coolscan2] sane_get_devices() called.
> [coolscan2] sane_get_devices(): Reading config file.
> [coolscan2] cs2_open() called, with device = auto and interface = 0
> [coolscan2] sane_get_devices(): No devices detected.

OK, this means that either your scanner is not known to the SCSI
system, or that you don't have permissions to access its device
files. Please re-run this command as the superuser (root), if that
doesn't give any different output, then your scanner is most likely
not known to the SCSI system. Also, "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" lists the
known SCSI devices.

If you expect us to help, please do yourself a favour and type the
commands we give exactly as they are, including any "_" and " "
characters and a distinction between lowercase and uppercase.

  Andras