[sane-devel] WARNING: Epson 2480/2580 in transparency mode, 2400 DPI

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@member.fsf.org
Mon, 23 May 2005 20:38:47 +0900

Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've received a report from a user who was left with a broken scanner
> after using the Epson 2480 in transparency mode in 2400 DPI with
> xsane. According to the report the scanner power light went red and
> the scanner "smelled hot". After power-cycling the scanner it was not
> possible to scan anymore.

I take it you are positive that this user used the snapscan backend
when this happened.  The epkowa backend also supports this scanner.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/