[sane-devel] Attn Frank Zago

Thu, 26 May 2005 10:55:47 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:50:41PM +1000, Vaughan Famularo wrote:
> Thanks you for that Frank, but that is why I am joining this list to try
> and get help to develop a driver so that it will be supported.
> I just don't know what to do.

First, please keep the subject of your mail and don't change it to
have a name in it. That way everything stays in one thread.

Second, have a look at the SANE website:
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-5200f.html
http://www.sane-project.org/contrib.html
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/develop.html
http://www.sane-project.org/backend-writing.txt
http://www.sane-project.org/docs.html

In this case the first thing to be done is to find out which chipset
the scanner uses and if the chipset is already supported by a SANE
backend. I doubt that this is the case but you never know...