[sane-devel] Problems scanning wide areas while writing geniusvp2

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo@yahoo.com.br
Fri, 27 May 2005 16:34:46 -0400

--------------enig198CEB1167B0A2CE6E4F4F2A

Hi,

While writing/improving the geniusvp2 backend, I noticed the latest
versions of my code (not sure when it started to happen, maybe after
switching from inb/outb to ppdev) have problems scanning wide areas. The
carriage suddenly stops, and the FIFO slowly becomes empty. E.g. If I
scan an area of aprox. 8.5x2.0 in, the scan hangs, but 2.0x8.5in is fine.

Does anyone have a clue on what might be happening?

TIA,

PS: http://umax1220p.sourceforge.net/trouble.html suggested it might be
a ppdev bug, but even with parport-directio the result is the same.
--
Anderson Lizardo

Yahoo! Mail, cada vez melhor: agora com 1GB de espaço grátis! http://mail.yahoo.com.br