[sane-devel] Cannon 3200F Scanner
lauri.pirttiaho at luukku.com
Tue Nov 1 06:38:16 UTC 2005
sorush nazari on Mon Oct 31 21:31:53 UTC 2005
> Guys have you supported the cannon 3200F scanner or not?
By popular demand, status update on CanoScan 3200F.
Happened so far:
- CanoScan 3200F Windows XP Twain driver communications
analyzed and figured out the boot procedure
- From firmware download at boot, using decompiling
(manually, took about 3 months), figured out that the
chip used is ALi M5625.
- From similar (almost identical) Medion MD6190 HW analysis
(thanks to Bert Sikken and Martin Haag) figured out many
HW related procedures of the firmware.
- From the USB command interpreter in the firmware figured
out approximate meanings of many parameters.
- From memory access patterns of motor control state machine
and scan command procedures figured out meanings of the
bulk downloads that occur before head movements and scans.
- From low level windows DLL analysis figured out procedures
to turn on and off the lamps (scan head and transparency
- From Wolfson appplication note and USB snoops figured out
the AFE calibration procedure.
- From USB snoops figured out the lamp watchdog control.
What I have so far:
- Proper boot.
- Scan head movement and home.
- Line scan at 600 dpi (300/1200 are very similar).
- Preliminary version of lamp control.
- Preliminary version of AFE calibration.
- All as stand-alone experimental programs around usblib.
What I have to figure out next:
- White/Black shading measurement, calibration and setting.
- Proper scan procedures.
What I hope to find somewhere ready made:
- Staggered image unstaggering.
- Skeleton to put everything together as a SANE back-end.
- I hope I will have a working back-end by 2Q06, i.e. about
one year after I started working on this. Estimated working
hours by completion 500.
With best regards,
Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku
More information about the sane-devel