[sane-devel] Proposed timetable for the release of sane-backends-1.0.17

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Nov 6 19:18:59 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

I think it's time for a new release of sane-backends. Please feel free
to comment on the timetable:

This is the proposed timetable for the release of sane-backends 1.0.17

2005-11-20 Feature freeze
2005-12-04 Code freeze
2005-12-11 Release

Feature freeze means that only bug fixes and documentation updates are
allowed. After code freeze only fixes of grave bugs that render a
backend completely unusable or break compilation and documentation
updates are accepted.

If there are any new backends that should be included in that release
(and haven't been commited to CVS yet) please tell us NOW.

I would like to have the genesys backend from experimental CVS
included to the one in the normal CVS but I guess we need someone who
has both types of scanners to do that.

Please everyone have a look at out growing list of bugs and fix as
many bugs as possible:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=30186&atid=410366

If the bug report is bogus, please close it with a comment why it's
closed.

If you need more information from the author, add a comment. If you
don't get more info and can't reproduce the bug, close it.

Also, you can view only bugs assigned to you to reduce the number of
visible bugs. Having a look at bugs assigned to nobody is also worth a
try as some bugs affect several backends/maintainers. You can also
sort by topic ("Summary").