[sane-devel] How can I help..Epson 4490

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Nov 7 18:57:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:53:26AM -0500, Shelby Neuhouser wrote:
> I have an Epson 4490 scanner. What can I do to help in the development of
> the driver for it. I am willing to open the unit to get chip set info if it
> is needed. I am running Suse 9.3 64 bit.

The comment in our lists says: "Unsupported. Support is planned for
the epkowa backend. USB vendor/product ID info: 0x04b8/0x0119".

Maybe Olaf Meeuwissen can comment on this?

If this were not valid anymore, you could look at the "contributing"
section of the SANE homepage, send a report about this scanner and
start programming a backend.