[sane-devel] Re: Re: epson 3490 - transparency unit problem

plum.pudding at free.fr plum.pudding at free.fr
Mon Nov 14 08:27:52 UTC 2005

Selon Jim MacLeod <j75trym at blueyonder.co.uk>:

> >> I'm using the tpu on the 3490 with backend-11-10. It works ok
> >> though the scans seem quite dark compared to the original slide.
> >> However adjusting the gamma settings on the scanned file gives a
> >> nice 1024x768 display size. I'm very much a newbie at this so sorry
> >> I can't give more detailed info.
> >
> > Can you send me the version of your firmware file? Run
> > strings esfw52.bin | grep -i epson
> > to extract it from the file
> >
> EPSON   EPSON Scanner1
> EPSON   GT-F520         1.08
>
> HTH
> Jim

So we use the same backend and firmware with a different result.

Should it be due to my installation : I've make and installed the cvs code in
/usr/local without uninstalling the debian version which is in /usr

I've done this awfully thing because of some dependancy problem, that I haven't
managed at this time.
But I take care when I wanted to scan a film to call /usr/local/bin/xscanimage

Do you think it can be the reason of my problem ?

Patrick.