[sane-devel] Trying to use Lexmark 3300 with scanimage

Fred Odendaal freshshelf at rogers.com
Tue Nov 15 04:48:08 UTC 2005

The Lexmark X3300 is unsupported by SANE. Its not even listed in the
supported devices <http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html> web page.

You could write your own driver, or make a request on this list that
someone write one. I wouldn't hold my breath trying to get someone to
write one. Its very difficult for the writer unless he has the exact
same model for testing. Also, Lexmark is very close mouthed about their
scanner technology, so the writer needs to do a lot of scans on a
Windows machine using the Lexmark Windows driver and log the usb
transfers and reverse engineer the backend from the log files.

regards,
Fred Odendaal