[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490 on Ubuntu Breezy 5.10?

Denis Haskin denis at haskinferguson.net
Sat Nov 19 15:29:15 UTC 2005

I am quite sure this must be a FAQ but I can't find the answer to it
anywhere...

I recently switched to Ubuntu Linux, running Breezey 5.10.  I purchased
an Epson Perfection 3490 since the various SANE pages I visited
indicated a pretty high level of support for Epson scanners in general.

But I admit I'm at a loss as to how to get it to work, and some pointers
to some really basic steps would be great.

I have not added any optional packages or anything.  sane-find-scanner
finds it:

     found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0122 [EPSON
Scanner]) at libusb:005:109

but scanimage says "scanimage: no SANE devices found" and likewise xsane.

Is there some other configuration I need to do?

Thanks,

dwh