[sane-devel] help required to use umax astra 4100 on linux

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Nov 25 17:23:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 01:09:49PM +0530, Parag N wrote:
>         I want to know is there any Documentation that states how to write
> driver for scanner umax astra 4100?

As of now, it's not even listed in our database so we (at least me)
don't know anything about this scanner. I saw that you created a
report about that scanner but your "sane-find-scanner -v -v" output
contains no information about the scanner. That means it was not
plugged in or its power cable (if any) is not connected. Please send
the output again when the scanner is connected. This way we can at
least check if the chipset of this scanner is known.